Saturday, February 7, 2015

Hola!

Week 4 of Semester 2's my most horrid week thus far. I came down with flu which caused my tonsillitis to kick in, so I wasted my entire week sleeping & recovering. Also, I've been keeping my own promise and that's not skipping any lessons be it lecture or tutorial. But unfortunately, being sick this week means I had to give lectures a miss. Quite bummed that I broke my promise in a sense - I was working really hard to not miss even a single lecture!

I'm finally feeling better today so I thought I'd better start catching up on work and getting back on track with life. To be honest, until this year I'd never thought the responsibilities of a university student was so great - school , finances , hall activities, internships and etc. I entered university thinking I was just going to enjoy hall life and juggle my studies. I couldn't be more wrong.

University isn't just about studying or being a student. The world out there is vibrant and offers endless opportunities, and university is an important stepping stone. A time and place where you are exposed to that exciting world and allowed to explore your options. It's a crucial time for me to grab chances and be aggressive. Which explains why I'm feeling all these pressure to work against time and make the most out of everyday.

I guess when you step into your twenties, life really hits you. Taking actions to achieve what I want in my life, instead of being passive. I'm excited for what the future beholds. But for now, the future's in my hands and I am making the most out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment