Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013 is probably the most dreadful year I've had thus far. I graduated from VJ, and concluded that JC was the worst education experience. I took up several jobs and saw a greater view of the world that I live in, which unfortunately is not a pretty sight. For the first time, I witnessed friends losing their loved ones, and for the first time, I lost people in my life.

But of course, every cloud has it's silver lining. 2013's also the year I enrolled into NUS and started leading a really fun and fulfilling life in KR. I got to know more people, and saw even more of the world. I also concluded that university was not as easy as people made it to be. While I don't like everything that I saw and experienced in university or hall, particularly my grades being a bummer and certain asshole trends, I'm still happy to be here and yes, I'll strive harder in semester 2 and really score some kick-assing grades.

A part of me resigns to fate and thinks all these must have happened for a reason, both the good and the bad. Majority of me thinks it's just life at work and I'm thankful for these experiences because I've grown a lot since the past year. And I'd like to think of the people we've lost as angels looking upon the skies even though I'm part Atheist and free-thinker.

I'm anxiously awaiting for a closure to the year and looking forward to embracing 2014 with an open heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment