Tuesday, December 31, 2013

'My mind is a neighbourhood I try not to go alone' 

Recently my insomnia kicked back in and it's so horrible. My sleep cycle changed from hibernating like a polar bear to not sleeping at all. I loved sleeping, why is life being so hard on me.

Woes of an insomniac : you can't sleep no matter how hard you try.
Woes of an insomniac + over-thinker : bedtime is a nightmare.

So once again, night/sleep time has been conveniently converted to Friends marathon, writing blog posts, scrolling through 9gag, Tumblr & Thought Catalog and attempts to think through life - which usually fail because I'll end up entertaining bad thoughts and feel the devil within me.

Tonight I decided to take out my Christmas cards from last week and read them all because I've been chucking them aside after admiring their beauty. And if I'm in a good mood, maybe get started on Christmas cards for my very lovely friends. And also, catch up on some really good music on Youtube - I recently discovered Orlaith Rose Comer, her voice gives me goosebumps. Right, that should about cover me till 5/6am and hopefully I'll be able to sleep by then.

PS. In an extreme good mood tonight because it's really cold and I'm wearing my burgundy sweater from Topshop. Things like this makes me happy. And also, no bad thoughts thus far. I'm happy for owl friends like me to keep me through the night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment