Monday, March 24, 2014

I was walking back to hall on Friday when I noticed mimosa on the hillside. Since when were there mimosa on this stretch of road? I've walked upon this route umpteen times. Instinctively, I wanted to tamper with their sensitivity like I did when I was a child. I loved playing with mimosa, I did it all the time when I was young- waiting for my bus to nursery, walking along random pathways with sprouts of them. But time was pressing so instead, I left.

Then it hit me. How long has it been since I stopped in my tracks to look at things around me? How long has it been, since I slowed down? I never used to be like that. I've always been the kind that people-watched, staring at nothing in particular yet noticing everything going on. I've always been the kind that loved stargazing simply because. I've always noticed. I've always spent lengths of time thinking and over-thinking.

But not anymore. Recently I've been too caught up in my own world. I've stopped admiring things and their beauty. I've stopped noticing. I've stopped pondering over life and things - ideals, people, feelings. In exchange, I've gotten a myopic view of the world - my world now. I've been so busy the past months yet not a single idea why. I'm doing things and running about, but at the end of the day, do they really matter? Do they really matter to me and what I stand for? And what do I even stand for?

I constantly worry over things of little or no importance. If anything I've learnt from you - yes, you , is to let things go. Because things that matter now - things I fret over with no bounds, things that I lose sleep over, won't matter say one month down the road. Because I have better things that I ought to worry about - like my ideals and my life and how it's heading to nowhere. Things that actually matter.

I don't even know where this post is heading to, I just felt compelled to pen down my deconstructed thought. I had better words in mind walking back to hall on Friday.

Maybe this Friday when I'm walking on the same stretch, I'll think upon the same thoughts and find better words.

Till then,

No comments:

Post a Comment