Tuesday, August 5, 2014

It's been awhile since I've typed any thoughts here. I've spent the past 3 months slogging away in Hall, for a camp, a vision, an experience I thought would be gratifying. I guess things didn't go as well as planned (Note: I'm trying to be polite by saying 'not as well as planned') , but life has taught me a great experience doesn't have to be a good experience. You learn and grow more as a person through dire situations and difficult times. 

Things I've learnt about myself: 
- I can't communicate my thoughts well. 
' I know what I think, but words in the head are like voices under water' 
- My temper's horrible 
- Contrary to popular belief, and a thought once challenged by myself, I'm actually a responsible worker.

Life lessons learnt:
- Take things in stride. Know when to be obstinate and insistent, but more importantly, when to be receptive & when to let things go.
- Always listen to advice, but it's up to your discretion to accept them. Be yourself, do not let others bend your principles.
- If you think someone's bullshitting you, tell them to go fuck themselves. You don't have to take shit from undeserving people. 
- Prioritise. Prioritise. Prioritise. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment